• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Sympathy For Mr. Vampire - Experimental Dark Comedy. My 2nd film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmVhAF5q_rs

Here is my second short film, my first one was Sadistic dismemberment(http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=18063) Again I just used my digital camera. I will soon have a decent DV camera so this is the last time I'll use a digi cam.

Like my first movie, the storyline is VERY weird and silly. It really shouldn't be taken too seriously, so keep that in mind. I promise when ever I make another film, it will be alot more "normal."

I tried to give the film a surreal feel with the music and some of the camera angles.

My influences in this movie were Park chan wook, Quentin Tarantino, Takeshi Kitano, Darren Aronofsky and Christopher Doyle.

I can see where you were comming from. I could see influences from German expressionist. The sound track and the titles suggested that. The begining was like a seriously wrong version of the end of Nosferatu.
I can kind of see the grind house style there, but it wasn't quite as depraved (No explosions, brarrels of blood or scantily clad women).

Never be afraid to be weird.

I don't think he is afraid to be weird...in fact, I feel like that's the card he's playing. I can see that you were trying to experiment with angles and filters...and that's good. In time that will lead you to superior cinematography...right now it just seems a little messy and a bit too home-movie playful. Which is cool...keep it up.

I don't think he is afraid to be weird...in fact, I feel like that's the card he's playing.
I know thats the card he was playing. I made the comment because he appologised for it being so weird and said the next film will be 'normal'. I was merely citing that being 'normal' is boring.

Thanks for your comments. Did you guys think the cinematography was too crazy? I experimented with them alot more than in my first movie. I think I might have gone too over the top.

When ever I make another movie(don't know when) I'll try and make it less "home-movie" But I'll keep the humour in there. I think I just made it a bit too silly with the Chuck Norris jokes and stuff like that.

Back