So that's frustrating...

I spend a weekend do a short film with some folks. Work my tale off doing lighting, both gaffing and griping. Make it a point to ask the director/cameraman if it looks like what he wanted AND ARE THERE ANY LIGHTS IN THE SHOT? He said looks great and no. Come home and a couple days later watch the product. Guess what? The lights are in the shots not just once or twice but 6, SIX, times! Has this happened to anyone else? I contacted the producer and told her that I asked him if everything was groovy and he never said anything was in the shot. Does this make me look bad even though it wasn't my fault?

I will link the video when it gets posted. Thanks for reading.

Hi Brooksy,

Sometimes the field of view that the camera see is a little larger then what can be seen in the
viewfinder or the LCD of the camera. If the DP or the camera operator did not shoot any test
footage it can be a real pain.

And no it does not make you look bad. It's the DP responsibillty.

Terry

Hi Brooksy,

Sometimes the field of view that the camera see is a little larger then what can be seen in the
viewfinder or the LCD of the camera. If the DP or the camera operator did not shoot any test
footage it can be a real pain.

And no it does not make you look bad. It's the DP responsibillty.

Terry

Reason why IMO you NEVER shoot (excpet maybe a documentary) without an external monitor. On camera viewfinders work for pointing the camera in the right general direction and not much else.

Back