• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Documentary Short on Parkour

This is really one of my first personal projects I have done that wasn't for someone else or as a job. I tagged along with the local parkour group in Glasgow, UK this June and put together what I hope captures the essence of the sport. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions on editing and shooting considerations. I've only done video stuff for about half a year so I am trying to develop my skills in all areas of production. Thanks and hope you like it.

http://vimeo.com/5602996

seeing as spam doesn't really count as a reply i figured i'd give my 2p.

Good video, the shot at 2:25 is the best; more of them please! I think you would benefit from using a wide angle lens or a fish eye (if you like the skate look) this would mean that you can pull the shot back and get more of the scene in.

Otherwise not a bad effort, try some more dynamic shots, maybe some shots with the free runners jumping over the camera. Also make sure you remember the rule about shot transition and how actors should move across the screen and back again to keep a smooth rhythm to the film.

not bad, especially for one of your early project. I used to do Parkour myself and we always made a pretty strict ditinction between freerunning and parkour where parkour was exclusively for effective moveing from A to B and freerunning was all the frontflip "show" / just "looks cool" part of it.
Since you named your documentary "parkour", some of the shots of the guys doing frontflips down the stairs and stuff felt kinda wrong. Nevertheless, they looked cool!
The whole "this is why I do parkour" interview stuff was good, but I would've liked to get more info maybe about what others think of the sport, what kind of reactions the Traceurs are getting from "normal" people.

Otherwise, good doc. Hope to see more from you in the future.

Back