• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Revolver

Hi, I'm new here and I just wanted to share one of my recent little projects. This video was basically the result of me being by myself and having nothing to do. I mainly filmed it just so I could try my hand at some different filming styles and lighting techniques. I also wanted to see what kind of quality I could achieve with my camera. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhjfpSrmjPU

And I plan on making something a little more up-beat next time.

Nice work, I liked the atmosphere of the opening of the case, music went well with that. Some good camera angels of the eyes and gun.

Wasnt too keen on the intro text or bullet holes, looked a bit amature, and the gun sound didint sound that real. You may of been able to tweek that though.

Also was this ment to be widescreen? you may needed of to adjust the framesize for youtube.

well done.

Thanks on the feedback, and I know the title is stupid. I just made it in like 5 minutes because I havn't really spent anytime learning how to make real titles in after effects. I probably would have been better off without a title. Also, regarding the gun sounds, I searched forever for a good sound effect and sadly that was the best I could find. And yeah, it was made for widescreen, I just don't know much about formatting videos for youtube.

Im no pro director, but in my opinion i think if you dont know what title to use or do not have the title you want just simply use white text with a basic times new roman font (or any standard) on a black backgorund., if you want a serious start.

Regarding the gun sound, i found a few on a sample pack from soulseek (slsk, a p2p download programe) sounds can be tweeked though.

Youtube is a bit of a idiot when it comes to widescreen, they dont convert your widescreen 16:9 videos for you, you have to set the framesize to their spec. Search on google for youtube framesizes and alter that into your editing programe, also pars are 1.000 i think.

keep up the good work.

Back