• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Music video

Hey Im new to this forum
so this is my first post:)

Anyways I recently shot a music video for Ashley Richards the song is called Second Guess
it was Directed by Jeremy Lutter of broken mirror films

I shot the video on a pansonic hpx-170 with a brevis 35mm adaptor and canon fd lenes
my main lenes where a 28,50,and 85mm
I kept a 1/4 black promist filter on the camera for the whole shoot.
anyways let me know what you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm8_Oruzzv0

Over all it was nice.

I feel you can handle some hard critisism since it was nicely produced.

The cinematography was nice, I liked the contrast and I thought the blown out part near the window went well.

There were a few shots I thought could have been a bit better, judging on the other shots.
Mostly the shot of her Head infront of the window, her face could have used some fill so it wasn't so flat with darkness.

I also felt that the rack focus was abused a bit, or jsut didn't fit with some of the shots it was used in at that certian time in the music.

For direction, I felt like the mood didn't pick up at all, it was pretty flat lined.

I was hoping for some pick up of action, and there was slightly with her reaching for the scissors, but just not enough for me, though, the song wasn't to shifty for something huge.

Overall. Nice cinematography, nice art direction, nice concept, and over all a good production.

Hope to see more from you.

thanks for your comments

I agree I could of used a bit more fill on the shots of her by the window

in terms of the story I kind of wished her boyfriend made another appearance, at least he should of came running when she was stealing his car LOL

The HPX is great

I love how it has 3 ND filter settings, built in waveform monitor and vectroscope
the camera is supposed to perform better under low light,although I have yet to test it.
The camera also has a flip option which is great when using 35mm adaptors.
And the camera is so light in comparison to the HVX.

If you already own a HVX I dont know if I would bother to upgrade.
But for anyone thinking of getting one of these camera the HPX is the way to go for sure.

Back