• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Investors/Producers for Feature Film "Avenger of Blood"

Hello,
I'm Ryan Callaway, a South Jersey based horror author who recently expanded my career into filmmaking. Last year I wrote the script for my first feature film, "Avenger of Blood", and have since been in pre-production. Avenger of Blood is about a vigilante who carries out the death sentence on those who shed the blood of the innocent in the corrupt city of Minikin Capital. his assignment, naturally, brings him face to face with some of the worst the criminal element has to offer. We will be filming in South Jersey, have the majority of the cast selected and several experienced crew members attached to the project. For promotional purposes, and to attract investors, we have shot three short films to demonstrate what we're able to accomplish with little to no money.

The feature film, which is an action/drama, will require a respectable budget in order to be of the quality that distributors will pay attention to. We currently estimate a total of $150,000 in order for us to accomplish that. We base this on the model of success seen with other independent films, one of which is "Facing the Giants" - a family football film made for $100,000 which grossed $10 million at the box office, and far more in DVD sales. The response to superhero based films like Dark Knight, Spiderman, The Watchmen, Hellboy, and others have demonstrated the general moviegoers interest in pictures like "Avenger of Blood". The Avenger may not have a comic book series behind him, but he is a fresh face, and the concept itself, although not completely original, is played out in a unique way that many fans will appreciate. Making this an excellent opportunity for investors looking to get into film.
If you are interested, please contact me. Thanks for your time.

http://avengerofblood.webs.com
Ryan Callaway
RyanCallaway23@gmail.com

Nice pitch.

I have a couple of thoughts. Distributors don’t pay attention to
the budget. See “Clerks”, “Blair Witch”, “Primer” and “Baghead”.
All released in the theaters and all with very small budgets.

An action/drama is a really difficult sale without stars.

Alex Kendrick is working in the faith based/family genre which is
huge right now. People are paying to see those films without
stars in the same way people were paying to see horror films
without stars in the late 1990’s. The action/drama genre doesn’t
have the automatic audience a movie like “Facing the Giants” has.

Also I suggest underplaying the “superhero” aspect. Superhero
films without a huge following haven’t done well. Even bug budget
superhero films with major stars have struggled and many have
outright failed. You can’t really compare what you’re doing to
Batman, Spider-man. The Watchmen was a financial failure.

Just some things to take into consideration when looking for
investors. Most people who invest in movies know the business
very well.

The only original superhero movie that wasn't based on previous source material that did well (that I can think of) was Unbreakable. Bit even then, Shyamalon was riding on the curtails of The Sixth Sense.

For the most part, I agree with directorik. But it is possible to market action movies without major stars attached to it. Look at El Mariachi or even Boondock Saints (Willem Dafoe and Billy Connelly were the only two recognizable names).

Back