• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Narrative film "Existence"

Well, silent narrative.

It would be great to hear your understandings of this piece as i have spoken to people with many different perceptions when it was shown in a local gallery as a video installation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZfcsNwjWf0

Thank you,
Josh

p.s.
shot on 16mm b+w on a bolex h-16 reflex
developed and tele-cine all done by hand by yours truly

Not going to lie...

I couldn't make out anything for the firs minute, then I saw a face, and it was hard to make out most of the rest of the film.

The audio was terrible and maybe there wasnt suppose to be anything, but I had to turn off my speakers.

As an experimental piece, it did not convey any thought or statement to me.

Sorry.

my intention was for it not to be clear,
the sound isn't meant to compliment to the piece

I dont like to give much away but i was following the aesthetics of an ultrasound scan

more of a video installation than a film

Well I wouldn't label that as 'Narrative' that's for sure. :) Quite a stretch there.

I think you could play around with this idea, but as it sits, it's just not very interesting. And the sound was annoying.

You may be able to play this as a visual plate on a screen for an event...it has some interesting visuals, and I think the ultrasound idea came through in certain respects.

Nice go at it...keep it up.

Back