• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Burglar, short. UK

I have just finished a very short short, in which i have tested my new buget camcorder with the canon fs100. A Yoga mic em258 was used also.

The short is basicly a drug dealer who has captured a burglar at gun point.

My self criticism is that the background sound of my noisy neighbours was annoying. Also the contrast from my face on a different angle was darker. Had to clean up the white noise hiss as much as i could. Had the mic on stereo should of been mono maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ynkaC_j5M

Feedback welcome.

Thanks for watching.

I think you should delve more into the story, I wasn't sure what was going on but the actors seemed competent but I think you shoud make it 5 minutes

Yes, yes he does, whats wrong with that? LOL.

It wasn't filled with
smiley_weed.gif
, is what. :lol:

Very lacking in the story department. It's definitely a premise you could do a lot with, if you fleshed it out into something more substantial, though.

Sorry guys i know there isnt much story here, it was more of an experiment realy, i wanted to do this kind of scene and shots....

I guess i should really sit down and try write somthing more substantial instead of random ideas :)

I guess i should really sit down and try write somthing more substantial instead of random ideas :)

Many of the best stories do originate from random ideas. :)

They can act as the catalyst towards the "big picture", or whatever you want to call it.

Nothing wrong with getting in some camera practice, either. In fact, you should. The more you do it, the better you get. (Unless you are me, that is. Been a long time since I held a camera. I'm a menace with one. I give it to the guy/gal who has talent)

For sure, post up any scenes/shots/techniques you wanna try out. If people checking it out know they are watching a piece to be viewed simply for technique, you'll get good feedback on that.

As presented, it looked more like "a film"... and that's when the story-nazis (like me) show up. :lol:

Keep it up. :cool:

No matter how any of your stuff turns out, good or bad, at least you've gained valuable experience and completed them. Most of your films should get better and better. One thing I hated about this however, is the gun. Please please please buy a real looking gun for your shots, they are only like $10 on amazon. Airsoft work great and they are cheap.

This felt like a teaser for another film. It was too short to be a short (if that makes sense).
It wasn't bad. If you could make somethig a bit longer then you could turn out something really impressive.

Back