• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Films!

That's pretty rough...but it's good practice. It's WAY too shaky hand-held in my opinion. If you want to go totally hand-held, put together a make-shift steady-cam (I love hyphens if you couldn't tell). You can find instructions online.

Here's one option: http://www.evilgeniusentertainment.com/

Go to that website and click the link 'How To' and find 'Making a Homemade Stedi-cam' on top.

Also, watch your editing...I understand what you're going for with the frantic cuts on the same action (pacing)...practice that...there is a method to that madness.

Good luck in the future.

Your biggest improvement is going to be a tripod.

You need to learn a lot about shot composition.

Just take it one step at a time, starting with a tripod, then it'll be easier to judge what else really needs improvment.

Your biggest improvement is going to be a tripod.

You need to learn a lot about shot composition.

Just take it one step at a time, starting with a tripod, then it'll be easier to judge what else really needs improvment.

Yup. A tripod is your friend. It will improve your productions by 50% right away. Look at how good film makers compose a shot...then practice composing similar shots yourself. Once you get an idea of what works and what doesn't, you can be free to create your own flavor.

Back