• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Multi-Cultural film. Help Finance!

Hey guys! I'm currently in the process of getting around $5,000 for a film I'm making.
So far I've gotten a sponsor who's willing to pay 5 dollars for every 1 dollar that
I can fund raise. The budget for the film will total in the end around 25 grand.
This is the basic synopsis of the film:

Greg and Jose are privileged to live the carefree dream of many other kids: no curfew, no school, no parents, no rules. They can grab life with their own hands, taking food and shelter from their community, as long as they don’t cross paths with a certain local gang. However, when the duo reluctantly lets two other orphans, Archit and Amy, join their party, their way of life becomes a series of unpredictable changes. The kids’ shift towards the lifestyles of reality threaten their camaraderie. Archit studies in hopes of earning a degree, Amy longs to find loving guardians, Jose turns to a gentle craft, and Greg defiantly tries to keep them all together, still following the dream. As the three friends question Greg’s leadership, and the other gang questions Greg’s intentions of defending an Indian, a Chinese and a Mexican, Greg succumbs to the gang life of alcohol and drugs, abandoning his three friends. When their story fully unfolds, the four realize that it was not one adventure that they shared, but four that intersected for the true meaning of acceptance and understanding.

If anyone is interested in investing in the film please contact me
at tlhs_zhang@sbcglobal.net
thanks!

1) What format is it being shot on?
2) How did you come up with the current budget?
3) What is your distribution plan?
4) What ROI are you offering?
5) Is this sponser willing to put up their $20,000 first. Or only after you raise $5,000
6) Is there anyone involved in the project who has successfully taken a film to market and produced a profit for investors?
7) Do you have a ROI structure set up?
8) What existing feature credits does your primary team have -- ie writer/director/producer.

1. The film is going to be shot in 24p with a canon XL2 on mini-DV
2. The current Budget is based on rental of equipment trucks, buying two cameras, food for crew and cast, musicians, sound equipment on set, sound equipment off set, insurance, location permits, theater rental for screening, posters and advertisement, film festival costs, extras, taxes, and an extra $700 for margin of error.
3. My plan for distribution is submit it to film festivals and see if someone will pick it up.
If not then it's planned to rent out a theater and advertise in newspapers. At the same time I'll be trying to find a distributor. If all doesn't go well then a website will be set up for DVD sales.
4. I'm offering that all profits of the film will go to the investors until their investment is returned. From then they will receive 20% of all profits earned for the next 3 years.
5. The sponsor wants to see who else is interested before putting up the 20 grand. So that's what the 5 grand is for.
6. no
7. unknown what is ROI structure?
8. My team currently has:
director
co-producer
writer
editor
grip
caterer
makeup and costume
gaffer
DP
Various crew
Set designer
character designer
Storyboard artist
Script supervisor
2 camera operators/boom operators
All the cast is set except for 2 characters.
No one on the crew or cast is well known.

Back