• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Turn Me On, Dead Man the short film

Hello Ladies and Gents,
My name's Adam Blake Carver and I'm the writer/director of Turn Me On, Dead Man. TMODM tells the story of a 1960's pop band that has reached the pinnacle of international popularity and must suddenly cope with the accidental death of one of it's most popular members. In attempt to maintain their fame, they chose to cover up the tragedy and replace their bandmate with a look-alike/sound-alike, hoping that their millions of fans will not notice.

We just wrapped Post a couple months ago, and I'm proud to announce we'll be having our first public screening next month, at the Los Angeles Shorts Fest.

We're just now beginning to promote our film, but I'd like to share our teaser with you

http://gallery.me.com/adamcarver#100144

The main site for the film

http://www.IburiedBlake.com

This extended trailer will only remain online for a couple weeks before we post a 30 second trailer, but I wanted to make sure that I could share much more with our internet audience, who might be unable to attend our screening in California.

I hope you guys enjoy the picture, and the original score written by Logan Metz and Lincoln Mendell

Please feel free to drop me a line with your comments and questions. More festivals will hopefully be added soon!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy
Adam Blake Carver
writer, director

Dude, that looks amazing. Great image quality, cool use of color and B&W and I really dig the story you went with! The B&W reminded me of "Control". I'd certainly pay to see this one- I have a passion for music-themed movies. Great work, dude.

Sounds like AC/DC except for the secrecy... I'll take a look. :welcome:

Looks great! However I can't tell if this is going to be a drama or comedy. The wigs look like wigs too.

Very well shot/lit!

Congrats.

"This is a high concept period piece serving as an allegory for the Paul McCartney "Paul is dead" conspiracy theory/ hoax."

I had no idea this theory existed.

That looks pretty interesting; I'm not even a Beatles fan. :)

The whole concept of the ultimate replacement/illusion is just too awesome to not make a film about.

The music sounded very Beatley (if that's a word). Website had a good writeup on how the similar sound came about. Yah, would suck to get sued for being too close. Still, I did mention that I'm not an afficianado of their music - you could have told me that was from one of their albums and I'd have believed it.

Nicely done.

For what it's worth, regarding the actual long trailer... too long. Even on the website, the teaser trailer is 3 minutes long. That ain't no teaser.

Looking forward to seeing the whole thing. :cool:

Yup, it's not a teaser.

Trailer: 61 seconds or longer

Honestly, if I didn't read the description below the trailer, I would've just thought someone has gotten into an accident.

The trailer doesn't tell much. It seems to me you just wanted a reason to use a good song. However, it was pretty well made and the film looks gorgeous. Except....the whole color to b&w and back to color threw me off. It was kind of uncomfortable

Back