Need a name for web series... anyone?

Hey guys,
Experiencing a spot of bother, lol. Have been in pre-production for a webseries with a good friend. We've written most the episodes, planned a few of the filming days, discussed how we'll light it.. etc. Only thing is, we need a good name! Something people will instantly recognize us by, and something that will come up in a search engine.

The synopsis is basically about four housemates living together, trying to pay the rent etc. I know, no points for originality there :P but i guess you'll have to see it when its done to believe me haha.

Anyway our first title for the show was simply 'housemates', which pretty well sums up everything however its a massively popular word and I even saw the start of a web series already made with this name.
In need of something catchy, something you can remember and something you could tell your friends about and they'd be able to search it.

Any suggestions would help heaps!

Hey guys,
Experiencing a spot of bother, lol. Have been in pre-production for a webseries with a good friend. We've written most the episodes, planned a few of the filming days, discussed how we'll light it.. etc. Only thing is, we need a good name! Something people will instantly recognize us by, and something that will come up in a search engine.

The synopsis is basically about four housemates living together, trying to pay the rent etc. I know, no points for originality there :P but i guess you'll have to see it when its done to believe me haha.

Anyway our first title for the show was simply 'housemates', which pretty well sums up everything however its a massively popular word and I even saw the start of a web series already made with this name.
In need of something catchy, something you can remember and something you could tell your friends about and they'd be able to search it.

Any suggestions would help heaps!
You didn't mention which genre it is, specifically. Sounds to me like a sitcom. Knowing the genre will help. Cheers.

Last edited:
In the US we call them roommates for the most part, even though housemates are more accurate. Do you have a good line from the first show? Something unique? Something that came to mind at first is renters. I don't know if it's been used before. How about the primary character's name...Joe's place (insert character's name for Joe). Making Rent (if the first show's about puting the rent together). Maybe something to do with their work, or the guys.

I guess my suggestion is to work a title based on the story.

Chris

Yeah its pretty well going to be comedy with a sprinkle of drama. Desperate housemates is great :P I also thought of renters. Sometimes naming a project is the hardest damned part haha.

Haha thanks ad2478, I know it sounds rather generic but I think I can spice it up. It'll be about 10 episodes long and there's just a story in those few eps I really want to bring out. Thanks for the name suggestions! Definitely taking them into consideration! Does this mean you guys want to be in the credits now :P

Back