Newbie to the forum needing info on props, please.

Just joined yesterday, and I am still learning my way around. We're in preproduction on a low budget feature. I need household cleaning products containers. I want to avoid Greeking containers at hand if at all possible. The people I'm working with are keen on attention to detail. If anyone knows of any companies that we can buy props like these from, I'd appreciate the contact info. Internet searches haven't helped much. Btw, prop rental is not an option for these guys. Thanks in advance

Do you have a graphic designer? You can make fake product labels. Take a bottle of Pine-Sol, remove the label, and slap on Pine Shine. Or you can buy no-frills products.

You might want to go to the dollar store or the .99 store and buy what they have. If you can just keep the labels off of the screen, no obvious trademarks or uniqueness, and you should be alright.

Also as Indie said, graphics them out on photoshop or something like that.

Chris

By the way, these are not props you would buy/rent already made (usually), the way it would be done is, the propmaster would create these by making new labels. Props are not always rented, the propmaster is a skilled artist.

Great advice. Our DP is a computer whiz and I'll work with him to print our own labels. Thanks guys, you're help is much appreciated. I have much to learn about the filmmaking biz, and every bit of info and advice will help me be a better producer. I must have a natural knack for it as our first music vid ended up with a 7 figure production value and went to CMT. Cheers.

You might want to go to the dollar store or the .99 store and buy what they have. If you can just keep the labels off of the screen, no obvious trademarks or uniqueness, and you should be alright.

Also as Indie said, graphics them out on photoshop or something like that.

Chris

Cause brands at the .99c store don't have enough money to take you to court :cool:

Cause brands at the .99c store don't have enough money to take you to court :cool:

I still plan to be careful. You know, it's a damn shame that companies have to be difficult to work with. You would think that they would jump at the chance to get some free advertising, even when the product is associated with a less than positive scene.

Back