Where Do Investors Live?

Just a simple question. Has anyone every been funded off these sites. I understand people arent just going to throw money at you. I believe i have a very good power point and script with a good ROI plan in place. So do investors just sit around watching to see if they like something here?

I mean lots of people come here and comment and talk biz which is great i have beening learning alot and taking in tips too. Is there a place i could seek that has helped people in the past for funding and seem to have good relations with. I know what i just said but then again they wouldnt be on this board giving away money they just found as a source. I like to call it spider webbing or networking.

If anyone has anytype of info please feel free to email at parlorentertainment@gmail.com. I am willing to help anyone out also with what i can.

Thanks Jeff

People are always asking where investors are. Investors are not just hanging around looking to sink money into a no-name filmmaker. For your first real film you will have to tap a rich uncle, your parents, etc. Rent gear, borrow money, max out credit cards....... it's just how it's done.

First Feature.

Our team has raised nearly $30,000 in a matter of weeks. We have a budget of $100,000 to obtain. So rich uncles and families arent going to float that all the time. I am in the process of starting my own business in film. I have worked on several films for Red Scream Films. My company now that i am working on will do all genres just not horror. So in the interest of going further this is why i am posting here. This is my first time reaching for investors. i have worked as pa, producer, set design, locations manager, etc. i have even acted in one of the films, so i do know something about the process. I am not a first timer persay but yet still new in this field of pursuing and obtaining funds..

Thank you ...

Jeff

Post your business plan in the Financing classified section, it's not unheard of that investors do take a peak.

Jeff,
Keep looking and try to cut your $100k down. One of the ways we did is made a package deal with DP including his camera. Saved us money. I say this because if you can cut the budget to say $75K . Our investors introduced us to other investors, so once you have some one buying a unit and is into your project they can turn on another investor with that action. It kind of snowballs.
Good luck

For your first real film you will have to tap a rich uncle, your parents, etc. Rent gear, borrow money, max out credit cards....... it's just how it's done.
And find crew people who have resources (cameras, lights, locations) that they can provide for free in exchange for back end interest in the movie. Avoid putting your own money up. Like throwing money away. Have you researched how much indie movies are making these days? Others on this site have mentioned that Lion's Gate is only giving away $5,000 advances these days - IF you are so lucky to get their interest.

I like the family member advice. That just goes without saying, and it sometimes even comes down to something weird like your uncle's best friend's cousin's sister's dog's nephew's second cousin whose aunt just died and left him a ton of money.

It seems like it really helps to have a good money man on your side, someone who understands the whole market of investment in any kind of project, not just film and knows how to talk to those kind of people.

Though I suppose it's better to know those kinds of things yourself.

I really like Indietalk's advice as well. I never would have thought of that and should probably keep in mind for that magical, decades-away day when I finally get to make a damn film myself.

Back