• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Trailer I made for INTERNATIONAL TREASURE

Hey,

I don't mean to be rude, Im just going to be bluntly honest because thats usually what film makers want. Well what I thought was that the comedy and type of film didn't appeal to me, but thats not important it's probably just me. The main point that I wanted to make was that I lost interest after about 50 seconds. The voice over was cool but...yeh anyway thats just me we shall see what other people have to say.

I have to agree with Anthony,

The voice over was cool, but the in-your-face funny thing, just wasn't appealing to me. But that is just my taste.

I think it would make a decent kids show if it was tightened up a lot. There's only so much you can cover up (or not cover up) by cheap special FX.

I think there are some ludicrous moments that look like fun.

But your audience certainly isn't teens or adults...your audience is for 10 and under.

ps. Ya...the VO was great. Where did you find that guy? That's the best production value you guys have. No offense.

Good luck.

That trailer was fucking AWESOME!!!! I'd love to see this. Looks terrible. And I mean that in the very best way. The tune at the end was hilarious. South African accents make me laugh (sorry?)

i have to agree with the guys above, it's too long and goofy. You can make it funny, without making it so childish. The sound wasn't consistent.

Not sure who your audience was, but it doesn't make me want to watch it. I'm in the 20-30 age range.

The best thing about this trailer was the voice over

apart from that, I wasn't really impressed

The weird voice dubbing didnt really work for me. I'm sure it could be a funny joke (I hope it was), but it didnt tickle me

The acting left a lot to be desired and well ... I think the over all concept did too

lol

But quit your whining and cheer up folks; people love this film!

Really? People aside from your friends? How many screenings have you had, and what's the turnout for each one? Are you making a profit from the screenings? Are the screenings in actual theaters, or in self-made coffee house dealeos?

Have you received any reviews from screener DVD's you sent out? Any reviews in print? Any reviews on film websites?

I'm not at all being an asshole...I'm seriously wondering how you know if people love the film...or from your quote are you just being a part of the hype machine. I mean, you really can't take friend or family praises as the gospel truth. Friends and family will always sugar coat what they thought. Once you receive a few reviews in print or digitally from screeners...then you'll know what people think...

I'm not judging you...I totally respect what you've put into your piece. I've already made my comment about your video...

Thanks man.

Last edited:
Whookey I see what's going on here.

Dudes, this is INDIEtalk.com, right? Not HOLLYWOODMAJORStalk dot com.

We seem to think different about "independent film". You think it's competing with Hollywood. I think it's got nothing to do with Hollywood. It's an own initiative.

The difference in thinking here is you thought I was expecting unrealistically that this movie was the biggest thing since sliced bread and that it would make one million sales in the first week right?

No, it's my own initiative. Not copying any Hollywood way of working.

Thanks for watching anyway but if you think it's not for you, you're right.

Last edited:
Magic...dude...

We all know it's indie film. But indie film--when you're serious about it--must be handled the same was as 'big budget film.'

Just because we are making 'independent' titles, doesn't mean we should make shit. And just because we are making shit...errr...independent films, doesn't mean we shouldn't market our films. We need to market our films just as passionately as we shoot them.

If you want to 'realistically' claim to be able to kick out 100 titles in two years...well...I guess it's pointless to tell you how I feel about that plan. Regardless, you do realize that if you want to sell any of those '100' titles every two years, they are going to have to be good enough for people to want to buy them.

People have a hard enough time deciding whether to buy their favorite movie on Blueray...let alone throw down $5, $10, or $20 on a very low quality indie flick that looks like a backyard film, and has zero marketing involved.

On an average, independent filmmakers that know what they are doing, and try their hardest to create a good product, can only push out a feature a year. These same filmmakers may never sell more than 10 copies of this feature. Yet you plan to kick out 50 a year...and do what with them? Sell them? Put them online for free?

Are you interested in selling your films, or are you just making films to go online for viral viewing? Either way is fine by me...it really is...I respect either choice...as long as you don't pretend your goals aren't something they're not. Do you know what I mean?

This may be INDIEtalk...but many of us are still not only serious, experienced filmmakers...we are also trying to make a living doing what we love. And the only way to do that is with quality product...just because we are labeled 'indie' doesn't mean we should be any less quality than the big dogs. Being labeled 'indie' isn't a license to kick out shit. Not only do we want to make quality films that may be picked up, or give our name enough clout to work on bigger projects...we also don't want to kick out shit for the very reason of pride. We want to be proud of what we either distribute or upload.

That's all I'm saying. We all want to make GOOD films. For ourselves...and for the public. This community isn't any different because it's 'indie.'

Please do not take this personally. I'm only voicing my personal opinion. I think you should definitely go about doing what you're doing if it makes you happy.

Last edited:
So yeah, while you people think indie film is about futily imitating Hollywood and trying to make $40 million in opening week, I thought I'd approach indie filmmaking in a realistic fashion.

By what? Making 50 movies a year?

Sorry...I had to...I love this quote particularly.

Dude...please let's keep this convo light. Think of me as a friend, just busting your chops.

Anyway thank you for writing all your comments but they're as useless to me as they are to you - can't use any for quotes or promotion or ideas for a next project or even for moral support for my own encouragement. All I "learned" from it is that you're not a supporter of the film so what do you think I can do with you now?

Not that I expected you to shove your opinion if it wasn't highly positive but now that I've explained you can see the result is exactly that: No use.

Well, you get out of things what you want to get out of them. If all you want is support, and you don't care to hear constructive criticism or insightful honesty...I'll keep my mouth shut next time.

Yes. All I want is support.

Yes Michael, it may be difficult for you to process and impossible to understand, but support is exactly what I'm looking for.

Bye stranger!

Last edited:
Back