urgent message - arri 16s cameras

Hi again people

Urgent question!

I am considering buying a beaulieu r16 standard 16mm camera -

but i just came across this. In most discussions on forums about which standard 16 to buy - no-one really seems to mention the arri 16s. Are these camera's any good? Being Arri - I would have thought they'd be strongly reccomended? (please acknowledge - i know nothing about 16mm yet).

Could anyone who knows anything about the arri 16s please take a look at this and tell me why I should or shouldn't buy it over a bealieu r16? The bidding ends in the next 7 or so hours so please get back to me asap!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200349152749

Cheers, jack :)

P.S - There are several parts missing to this as you might notice. A power cable for the motor? And Battery cells for the charger. Are these things easy to replace/find and buy on the cheap? I want to start shooting with this kit soon after I get it...(if i do).

Last edited:
It's an excellent camera. I shot a feature with the 16s
several years ago. That's a nice package with 3 mags.
Batteries should be too difficult to find.

The Arri S is a great little camera. It is noisy and is not considered useable for sync sound because of the noise. I won an Emmy for a short I shot with an Arri S.

I would contact either Arri or Visual Products to see what a power cable and re-celling the battery will cost. You could contact Batteries Plus too about re-celling (I used them to re-cell batteries for my Arri and Eclair.)

Scott

hi folks

cheers for your responses. I didn't go for this purchase in the end as i was advised that the serial numbers from the front and back of the camera should match (which they didn't). Also, he had no idea when it was last serviced - and the whole thing just seemed a little dodgy!

Still considering getting one though, although i have a desire to sync sound so i'm not entirely sure if i'll ever actually get one. Think i'm going for a beaulieu r16 instead.

cheers again guys. Jack :)

Back