• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Filmmaker looking for help

Hello all.

I am a filmmaker on the verge of making my signature film... something that has taken me 8 years to finally make a reality. I am about $250k short on the budget and have started a donation website that tells the story, complete with a pitch video, etc. We are all filmmakers. I am sure everyone here has had that one film that they MUST make during their career. Well this is mine and I am determined to make it even if it means raising the rest of the money literally $1 at time. I am hoping you will all visit the site and if you feel like helping a fellow human being out with his life's work, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

www.inventingthebuzz.com

Hi Ianarchy... your link didn't work for me, I had to google the name to get to your page. Good luck, your project looks very cool and I hope it gets made!

We are all filmmakers. I am sure everyone here has had that one film that they MUST make during their career.

I have that one film. Will YOU donate anything to help MY vision come true?

And your URL doesn't work. Where can I find out about you and your project?

Looks awsome, if I had the money i'd give it to you... unfortunatly i'm currently working on a film with no budget so... unless i win the lottery...

Thanks everyone. Not sure what was up with the link. It seems to be working now.

I really appreciate everyone's help!

Ian

I have that one film. Will YOU donate anything to help MY vision come true?

And your URL doesn't work. Where can I find out about you and your project?

BTW, funny you should ask... I had this conversation and hour a go with my friend, and as a matter of fact I would. It sounds odd, but $50 is nothing to me, but it does me no good on my own film to just have $50. I would give someone that $50 on a similar scenario because of the cumulative effect. You could say, if I give you $50 and you give me $50 we have essentially broken even, and what's the point? But the point is that not everyone that donates is in the same position and that cumulative effect and the momentum makes a huge difference... so in all honesty if you set up a similar site let me know and I will 100% donate to it! Dreams, goals and ambitions are important things. If someone has enough passion and drive and I think they truly have what it takes to make their dream a reality, I am down to help.

So far I am getting a pretty good response. Of course there are always the negative jerks offs but what can you do? I have even started to get offers of help from legitimate crew which is totally great too. Saving me thousands on production costs is the same as giving me money to spend on those production costs.

Thanks again. URL is for sure working now. Just checked again.

Back