• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Wanted: Original Screenplays

YAFI is looking for writers. The way we work is everyone who works on a project has an equal share in its outcome. We are a Filmmaking co-op attempting to build recognition. We currently have time, equipment and drive... but no scripts in the pipeline.

Shoot me an e-mail @ mailto:knightscape@charter.net to discuss or submit. There are no guarantees we will make your script, every project will be considered both on its merits and on how it espouses the YAFI aesthetic. We've been moving away from profanity, blood and guns, but won't rule anything out based on that.

Thank you for your time.

I'm popping off "Ello/Ello" kind of email.

I've got several full-length and short subject of varying ideas and themes. Let's see what kind of thing you're after.

YAFI is looking for writers. The way we work is everyone who works on a project has an equal share in its outcome. We are a Filmmaking co-op attempting to build recognition. We currently have time, equipment and drive... but no scripts in the pipeline.

Shoot me an e-mail @ mailto:knightscape@charter.net to discuss or submit. There are no guarantees we will make your script, every project will be considered both on its merits and on how it espouses the YAFI aesthetic. We've been moving away from profanity, blood and guns, but won't rule anything out based on that.

Thank you for your time.

What about documentaries with no screenplay?

I don't have the time to shoot them, nor the time to do the post on them. They take MUCH more time than a narrative production.

how would you go about making my script into a film
how could you help me?
i have a script that is a true story its gritty and full of passion
it will blow you the fuck away,

When we pick a project, we enter preproduction, amass resources (locations, actors, whatnot) and then shoot the thing, then we edit and have a finished product.

I figure, while we have a production team which is on hold waiting for content, there must be writers on hold waiting for production. Together we can realize some projects and have a product that we can work to fins a distribution channel for.

hello i have written a screen play about a Liverpool boy who is a champion boxer, who wants to quit boxing and start a writing career. his teacher is pushing him to write. whilst his alcoholic father is making sure, he becomes number 1. its billy elliott meets rocky.

The story is about a young champion boxer Andrew who's father is a drunk who is forcing his son to be number 1. Andrews school is concerned and Andrew wants to stop boxing to become a successful writer. His father has no job and bets on his sons boxing matches to get by.
it ends with then father pushing his son away, to find his sons works and his father is moved. he then sell the house to pay for his sons collage and degree.
This story is a great way to show the emotional damage that parents can cause their

I’m not a boxer but I spoke to a man the other day who was telling me about his son, becoming a champion boxer. so I got talking about 20 minutes later the barman comes over and tells me that the mans son had died 20 something years ago. the father never forgave himself. so I asked what had happened to the son, as he and his father were arguing about his future, the boy Andrew storms out of the house in anger. only to be hit with a car. his dad jimmy still drinks at the Aintree pub everyday from 11 am to 12 pm its a sad story. I think that because it is a true story it makes it more passionate.

Sounds like a compelling story, I'd be interested in either reading the script or reading a work sample from you.

I'd also have to look into whether or not you/we would need to get releases from the man to use his story to make a film.

Last edited:
i'm accually asked the man if i could write about it and he said yes long as no real names are used and i bought him drinks all night, the bastard wouldn't stop. it will be ready in a few days i'm just working on the perfect ending. then i will have to get the copywright. so i will speak to you in a few days

Sorry BC, I've got a pile to read, we just completed the 48 hour film challenge and are sorting out more festival exposure for our sci fi short, and tomorrow, I present a panel at CONvergence in MPLS, MN called the 48 minute film challenge where we recreate the stress and stupidity of the 48 hour in a 1/60 time scale format. I've also been asked to direct an episodic project that I had expressed interest in a few months ago, so I've been reading and re-reading the script with pen in hand (you've never seen so many margin notes as on a script being produced/directed by knightly ;) ).

I've completed my "redline" of that script and am gearing up for our shoot tomorrow and our annual themed 4th of July Party with friends and family. This year's theme: "Thongs and Sarongs" When surrounded by creative people, if you leave something nebulous and dangly like that - you end up with neat things to eat/drink! Last year was "Chill Out" and one of my friends showed up with a big cannister of Liquid Nitrogen to make Ice Cream with!

I will get to reading the scripts, I'm just currently swamped... I'm also finishing up a wedding edit or 4, a music video and have just been asked to rush a job for my son's marching band for the dinner next tuesday (my head's going to pop off :) ).

Oh, no worries, man.

I know you're busy as hell, and I certainly didn't say that to rush you.

I'm no stranger to submitting work (this is my first time trying to sell a script though), and it's always a nervous-as-hell kind of deal. That's all. I'm the guy who had to figure out what he was getting for Christmas before the twenty-fifth because waiting until then just wasn't going to be possible.

Believe me, I know you'll get to it when you can, and I'm extremely grateful that you will.

Certainly are envious of all the stuff you've got on your plate. I wish my career was that hectic.

Now, who wants cake and whiskey!?

So is the basic summary, if we have any original screenplays written up and want it brought to life, we should submit? Because, I do have something for a 4 part kind of series thing to put on YT; although it can be compiled into one short film. Each part would be like a 5 minute thing. I finished the story board, timeline and everything last night so all I need to do is actually write the script (but I have trouble figuring how to actually write and format one). I would love to film this myself but, it's difficult with the lack of actors&actresses in my area.

At your point, I would say that if you have all of the other resources to make the thing, you should do so... actors are relatively easy to come by, check community theatres, local schools, mandy.com postings... postings in the library... you'll find them - they are around!

With us, there's a chance that it'll get made - so long as the YAFI producers agree that it's a project worth pursuing and willing to put the months of time into to make it happen. If you do it yourself, there's a 100% chance it'll get made - much better odds.

As you can see form my posting above, I have alot on my plate, and taking on projects really becomes a matter of; what can provide the most exposure for the team as a whole in a career positive manner for all involved? The goal being to help springboard all of our careers from the writer to the random grip/ extra/ coffee grip/ bounce card technician. Working together to figure out how to do this for a living! YAY!

We must have at least 20 ideas that our slow pace just won't get to. I'll talk with the boys and see if we have something to send your way.

Back