Any Wisconsinites out there?

re:

thank you for someone finally posting in the wisconsin section! Ive felt all alone. Yes, I am what you described. Im now starting to actually do my dreams!

Well, hello fellow Wisconsin Filmmakers. I am a Wisconsinite myself. By the way Knightly I am going to be gaffing in the Milwaukee 48 hr. Should be fun. Let me know how yours goes and I'll do the same.

Just finished wrapping the Madison 48hr film project. It was fun. After the premiere when the movie goes public I will post it for all to see. I was in charge of lighting again, just like for the Milwaukee 48hr. Hopefully you guys can see and comment on my work soon.

Where in WI is everybody from? I'm from Edgerton (20 min south of Madison). I've been wanting to put to together a "WI Filmmakers' Group" where we could meet monthly at spot that is central to all of us. All directors, producers, gaffers, grips, editors, etc will be welcome. It will be a great place for us to find likeminded filmmakers for projects. It doesn't matter if we shoot docuemtary, indie, guerrilla... we ALL need extra crew or a helping hand once in a while. Let me know what you think and I'll get to work setting something up. It will be easy and fun way to network and promote. Even set up screenings of our films.

not all adults here... and not all of the adults are all that adult ;) My son is my Boom Operator on many of my shoots.

That's great Knightly!! How old is he? My 10 year old son always wants to help too, but a lot of the subject matter in my films isn't "kid friendly" so we shoot our own short films at home. I'll have to post some of them soon. He's going to be a great filmmaker. He already picks films apart and says how he would have set up a shot differently instead! My wife can't stand watching movies with us! We should put together a film competition that is only for two generation film crews!

That's cool. I've got a training video to shoot for a pizza place next week, maybe I'll have my son boom for me, since I need two mics and only have one available stand. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wow! (widescreen, here... I screwed up and wasn't able to get back into that account. So, I made this one). I didn't hope much that there would be so many folks in the area active on indietalk. Eight or so people, so far? How cool. Hey, maybe we should continue this dialogue.

TC and happy holidays.

Kenosha

Hey guys,

I'm from Kenosha, WI. and I have a new project coming up. I will be doing a short public presentation on my short movie series "What We Saw" at an Expose Kenosha event titled "BeExposed! No. 8". I will have about a 20 min. slot towards mid event. The reason for my presentation is to gain exposure on my project as well as recruit prospective cast & crew members. At this great event here will also be other important people being exposed as well.

DETAILS:
Date: 10/15/2010
Category: Film
Time: 6:30pm-9pm
Phone: 262-496-5304
Address: 1351 52nd Street Kenosha, WI 53140

Heres my website: www.mentalography.com

I'd love to hear your feedback, thanks!

I'll put my name here too - I live in Minnesota, but I'm only a couple miles from Hudson, WI. Is there anyone from that area?

SOCIAL NETWORK - for Wisconsin Indie Filmmakers

Hello! my name is Pete and I have recently started a brand new website, www.indiefilmwi.com, it is an online informational Hub and Social Network about and for indie film in Wisconsin. Sign up, sign in and network with other filmmakers right away!:yes:

Back