• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Mr Fox, a short film

that was awesome, actually the coolest thing i've seen in ages.

I loved the alice in wonderland/arkham asylum reference at the end.

In fact I loved all of it, well done :)

i really liked that man. very creative. i am actually left speechless as to how i feel about it, which is really cool. that doesn't happen too often.

Very cool for sure. Odd and macabre. Whimsical. The photography and lighting was really well done, and the overblown audio was a nice accompaniment. Very strange.

What does it mean to YOU?

Great short. I loved how it had a subtle aged style.
Reminded me of Jan svankmajer's films and some of the shorts by David Firth.

Haha that was brilliant!

I never know how to articulate how I feel about stuff like this, all I know is that often they're as likely to infuriate me as entertain me. This one was most definitely the latter. Great aesthetic and loved the sound design and editing. Probably dead on length wise too.

I loved it. You made me really uncomfortable with that mask, which is I'm hoping what you were going for. I really really liked the cinematography, that look you got was perfect.

amazing

I gotta say, I really loved that. The lighting and cinematography were perfect! What editing software did you use and could you show me how to do that lighting/color? I would LOVE to make films as good as that :D

i really enjoy the creepy imagery.

was this before or after 'fantastic mr fox' came out? some of it seemed very wes-andersonesque. especially the lettering, it looks like the same font he uses in all of his pictures.

I am so confused. Maybe I'm just a simpleton, but I didn't get it.

Not just you. I think this is the best-produced video that makes not a lick of sense. In my opinion, when symbolism and metaphor are so fucking obscure that everyone will have their own unique interpretation, the filmmaker isn't really saying anything at all.

You wanna say something? Don't hide behind vague symbology. Just say what you wanna say, for Christ's sake.

This Swintex was genius. His other film with the fish was even better. Had a few threads going almost two years ago.

Influences no doubt include this guy and his surreal stopmotion fantasy worlds. (Alice & Faust are both top-notch).

Good stuff. :cool:

Not just you. I think this is the best-produced video that makes not a lick of sense. In my opinion, when symbolism and metaphor are so fucking obscure that everyone will have their own unique interpretation, the filmmaker isn't really saying anything at all.

You wanna say something? Don't hide behind vague symbology. Just say what you wanna say, for Christ's sake.

So the fact I don't get it is good? :s

So the fact I don't get it is good? :s

Well, I would ask anyone who "get's it" to explain exactly what it is that they "get". Sometimes people read into shit a whole lot more than is there, and super-symbolic stuff like this allows them to use their imaginations and interpret it any way they please. That's fine. If you enjoy that kinda stuff, great. I'm just saying that if it's so fucking open to interpretation that you can think whatever you want about it, then the filmmaker really hasn't said anything at all.

Back