• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Critics wanted: Bo "S.B." Schooler Clips

I'm working on this short mockumentary w/ some friends about a non-celeb ex-ABA player named Switchblade Schooler ( I say Semi-Pro, my friends say Schmemi-Pro)

The clips we have so far are of an interview "set-up and paid for by Switchblade schooler" that in the end product will be like wrapped inside another documentary, kind of like footage found a few years after the fact.

I know Bo (the 'actor' playing switchblade) and my friends know Bo, but before I edit any other sequences I'm trying to get some outsider's opinions as far as reactions (or non-reactions as the case may very well be) to the segments. If people think it's really f'n weird, I'm going to have to have the other "host" react to the segments in a somewhat similar manner. If people can't relate at all... I'll fake a computer crash and lose the clips.

Strong profanity contained in probably all the clips at some point.

Also critical opinions and tips on style and editing would be strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a18bbbe62b/a-brief-convo-w-switch
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/26f0cf6a7f/switch-s-scout-story
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c671e1bd60/smart-things-w-switchblade

Thanks for your time

Will

Last edited:
I like the editing.
I'm sorry but the style was BRUTAL in my opinion. It was far too artsy, and that being said, the colors used were all over the place. Style should suit the picture, it should be pretty much invisible. This isn't to say it shouldn't be original or artistic, but it should suit the story well enough that it doesn't distract the audience. There isn't really a connection here.

Nice effort, keep at it

The background need to be darker and more realistic. i don't understand why you edited it like that. It didn't seem like an interview. The actor was ok but was way to young so it didn't make any seance. However some of the script was quite funny but it was hard to concentrate because of all the strange things around him.

Thanks for taking the time to check them out.

I'd say the style was definitely motivated from trying to see what I could do with the worst lighting and the worst sound possible. Thanks for the comments on the background and style. The background has a flicker to it that has since been removed as it's really distracting, but the wear/tear 'helps' hide the worstyness of the lighting and environment. I think. And I agree about the darker colors. Should I just keep all clips the same color? Could you tell me any specific things that really distracted you? Any specific things you'd cut or keep? I'm only going to use maybe a minute of all of that in the long haul, so "If I had to keep one thing..."'s really help.

Thanks again for your time.

Will

Back