• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My first video "Clear your Head - DARE PSA"

Hi guys,

My friends and I have been working on this video about defending prescription and over the counter medicines that teenagers abuse. It's a given topic for a contest on www.schooltube.com. The requirement is it has to be from 30-60 seconds long.

So, without further ado, this is it!

BTW, I understand that the content is really dry and could have been more creative. Also, the actors paraphrase a lot of what I wrote in the script. Just be aware. Enjoy!

http://www.schooltube.com/video/29443/Clear-your-head--DARE-PSA

thanks,
please give feedback.

Kids drink cough-syrup now? :weird:

Lighting could have been a lot more even (using a few bounce-boards is really cheap).

Opening establishing shot was really brief (also with weird audio on it).

Didn't really make use of positive peer-pressure tactics, like many commercials of this kind seem to do. ("You're not playing on my hackey-sack team, if you're suckin' down Nyquil" - that kind of thing). That made the sudden change of behaviour at the end a bit strange - no motivation for them to do so, aside from a vanilla talk. Not sayin' that's the only way to do it - just mentioning lack of tactic of some kind.

The blurred bit at the end was kinda cool, with the text overlay on top.

Grats on getting it finished. :)

Ahhhh, yeah, you're right. It wasn't that creative to that point. I understand.

I'll try better next time... thanks for looking at it.

I wouldn't say I'm necessarily right - it's just my opinion. :)

The important thing is... the more you do it, the better you get. Learn from what you've done, and apply it to the next project. Fifteen years from now, it will still be like that. The quest for perfection never ends.

Back