• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Looking for opinions

You shot all of that in a living room?!
smiley_mono.gif

Not much of a story 'til Mugs II (sound's a bit dodgy; acting a bit dodgy, too) - but holy **** , that's some amazing digital work.

What software did you use? Did you make your own backgrounds?

Brother-in-law here. Thanks for the kudos and the crits. In defense of Mugs 1, it was thrown together as a test of new gear but we loved the concept and the characters. The biggest mistake was having the music actually playing during the shoot so we couldn't monkey with the sound. I use 3dsmax, After Effects and Vegas and Acid. (The software, not the hallucinogen)

Here's a Vimeo link. Better quality, additional work.

Thanks again.

http://www.vimeo.com/user788950/videos

Thank you for the welcome and the props! Glad you liked it. As far as the Mugs story goes, well Lunar pretty much summed it up. We built our armor, put it on, and decided "hey, lets try a bar scene and see what it looks like." The monster was born, lol. I dont have anyway of getting to the link from here at work, but if you liked the digital work in those, we will have to post a work in progress called DragOn.
http://www.vimeo.com/4055939
It's a work in progress...

Last edited:
I like your use of effects.

I have problems with the direction and cinematography. Both because they are not original and not effective in advancing plot.

However, for being done in a living room, in a very leisure setting I assume - well done. It's nice to see people doing it just for the joy of filmmaking.

Thanks for sharing

I think it's fun...I like it better than a lot of micro-budget stuff I've seen. It's interesting...it has a style. I admire the CG work involved...

If you guys would up your production values, you could take another leap forward. Things like adding more detail and grunge to your CG models...your texture work is way too clean. I know that's time consuming...but hey...it all is. And I'd up the value on the script, sound, acting and lighting as well...you know, pretty much all of it...lol. But hey, I don't mean that in a bad way. I think you know what you have here, and you're not trying to get into Sundance with it.

Right now it is what it is...an amusing home-made film...take it a step up and make something that has a little more time and precision involved.

Good luck.

Back