Finding a job as a voice actor?

(I meant voice actor) Hey guys, i was wondering where i could find a job as a voice actor in animated films, video games, etc. I have co-starred in a video game, but where i got the job was through a friend. Does anybody know where i can find a job? I know of voice123 or what ever, but only pro's get jobs there and they charge i think. Thanks.

Last edited:
Well, you could make a collection of your various voices, put it on disc and send it to various voice-over companies. This is sometimes done in Anime, but I'm not sure it applies to North American full-length films and the like.

As with any craft you learn by doing. Read to blind people, children, etc.

Build a cast of characters and learn accents; being multilingual is a huge asset. Also, you must be quick study with scripts; you often don't get the prep time a regular actor gets.

The voice acting community is a very tight-knit group and tough to break into, especially when major films prefer name actors for the lead and even supporting characters. Don't limit yourself; consider VO work, books on tape, narration and the like.

Put together a DVD of your voice. Give examples from all over the board...a fun commercial, a business commercial, a set of wacky characters...put together a disc of examples you yourself want to work on. And just make sure it doesn't sound like crap...it should sound professional, so it might behoove you to go to a studio with a good mic.

Send it to your local agencies that represent actors, voice over talent, etc...

If there is a company in particular you want to work for (like video games), send it to their HQ and cross your fingers.

To be a good voice over actor, you need to be a good actor...so get into things that will better your speech, acting, and range....do some theater, local film, take some classes....

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back