• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Seeking Investor(s)

Hi All,
I am currently seeking funding, $10,000 - $15,000 +/-, for an ultra low budget horror film. I have done a couple short horror films (10-15 minutes) over the past year. I call these films “No Budget” since I can usually swing filming in my house or locally in a parked car, field or lake somewhere, and the actors / actresses are usually volunteers doing it for the experience and gas money. So I have been able to do these projects for $200 - $500.

Although there is a potential monetary gain, I am also in this for the creative experience and enjoyment of doing these films and I think that is 90% of a film, when you can put your heart into it, you end up with a better product than just trying to churn out something to try and make money. Although I wouldn’t complain about making a few bucks off of it either.

Anyway, I have an idea for a longer feature length movie. Some might ask if it is ultra low budget, why not fund it yourself? Believe me, if I could, I would. I have slowly acquired a couple digital cameras, editing software and computer to go with it, all of which I am still paying for on credit. I believe I could raise the money going door to door selling M&M’s if I had to, but I thought I’d take a stab at it and see if there was anyone out there who might be interested in funding it. Can’t hurt to ask and nothing ventured nothing gained.

I have a script that is about 75% complete and several actors / actress in mind who I believe would fit the characters perfectly for what I am envisioning. I have documented in a spreadsheet what all I believe I will need and the costs, but the only cost I cannot estimate at this point is payment for the actors / actress, so that is why the range. I’m sure some will be cheaper than others based in screen time and what I will need them to do, but until I do a casting call / screen / talk / negotiate with them I cannot say for certain.

Anyway, if you are an investor and interested in hearing more about this project feel free to respond. If not, then M&M’s it is :) I also have an idea about marketing this video, along with my other shorts.

Thanks
Eric

Back