• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch (Short Film) Plant

Hello fellow filmmakers!

For some reason I decided to enter an online contest. The goal was to create a short film in a month for a specific theme. I thought it would be cool to dig out my stop-motion gear and make a little film. 100 hours worth of VFX work later, I finally finished, and I now think that I must have eaten something undercooked before the decision to make an animated short film in a month. Stop-motion animation is very long and tedious. Fortunately, I had some good guys to help me. A friend who goes by the name VNAnimation online did some of the stop-motion work for me, and Ben Boatwright was willing to compose a score for the film in a crazily short amount of time.

Without further ado, I present Plant. Films made under the mindset of "Oh man I'm never going to finish this in time if I don't hurry" generally have a crazy sort of feel to them, but I'm actually kind of pleased with how this turned out. Comments, critique, and criticism are always appreciated. Every tip and idea makes my next film better. Thanks!

Watch the film on Vimeo
VFX Breakdown (Vimeo)

- Jordan "Leonardo" Harris

I like this a lot. Very well composed shot list. Great composition. I love the low angle shot by the flower, pointing up to the nuclear tower--shots like this gave it a grand scope, which took me away from the actual scale. Everything had an interesting feel to it. Cool effects. I felt there should have been a little more with the story...a bit longer. But hey, that's just my selfish want for more lego goodness.

I especially like the lighting...good stuff.

Back