DVX100 vs. DVX100B

I have a DVX100a. In my opinion, its not much different than the DVX100 and I don't think the difference in a 100b will warrant an additional $800. I know I searched the difference in the 3 cameras a while back and don't recall any impressive upgrades or anything like that. Again, just my opinion. Just do a quick search DVX100 vs. DVX100b and you should get more info. Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

I have the 100a and I think it does fine in low light, but if possible get the best white balance you can manage. Most of the things I shoot are in music venues and they would not be happy if the lights were up...

-- spinner :cool:

Hello.

How much better is the Panasonic AG-DVX 100B than the original 100? Is the 100B worth the $800+ more dollars?

Thanks.

There are significant differences between the 100B and the original 100 (the 100 is silver, the 100A is gray, and the 100B is nearly black on the body color). They had some minor synch issues with 24p on longer records with the 100 that was fixed in the 100A-100B. The 100 does NOT have an anamorphic widescreen, only letterbox. The 100A-100B have a letterbox, standard 4:3, and also a 16x9 mode. The CCD chips are not widescreen, so the only benefit is in render times and the aspect ratio, but not in resolution for 16x9.

Is it worth $800? That I don't know so much. The basics are the same, so that becomes a bit of a preferential answer. I personally might say, maybe...

Back