Starting a production company

Hello.
I am looking at getting into the business of film making by starting a production company up.
I am wanting to know is there any good sites that go through the legals of it or the business side of starting it up.
Just need someone to point me in the right direction.

Hello.
I am looking at getting into the business of film making by starting a production company up.
I am wanting to know is there any good sites that go through the legals of it or the business side of starting it up.
Just need someone to point me in the right direction.

I'm not 100% sure about how to set up the company in Australia, but it's fairly simple in the U.S. You simply pay for the registration with your state and incorporate by registering the articles of incorporation.

Now the question I would ask is what specific kind of filmmaking are you doing? If you are out to make feature films, then the general thing to do is not form a production company, but individual LLC's for each production. This will protect the individual and any parent company from liability for losses (or profits) from one feature to another. Even Kevin Smith's VIEW ASKEW is no longer the company on each film, but produced as "TOO ASKEW" or other variations to protect the profitability of investments from each film separate.

If you are starting a business to create more commercial products like TV spots and be a general business hired to crate film & video, then I recommend forming a production company for tax write offs and the like.

I'm not 100% sure about how to set up the company in Australia, but it's fairly simple in the U.S. You simply pay for the registration with your state and incorporate by registering the articles of incorporation.

Now the question I would ask is what specific kind of filmmaking are you doing?
If you are starting a business to create more commercial products like TV spots and be a general business hired to crate film & video, then I recommend forming a production company for tax write offs and the like.

Your suggestion is very useful .
There will be about 50,000USD regestion captals for one to set up a film company or advertise company in China, include equi[met, bulding etc.
I think this is not expensive. because many USA or European start their company in China.

Back