• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Where do you find??

Is there a site online that has free downloads for typical movie noises?? For example, today I was looking for a light switching on noise, the "click" the switch makes?? I know of free play music but i need one that can provide me with the nick nack noises you know?? please help!

You can find free soundfx online, just do a search. You will find some sites. How about recording your own soundfx? I am sure you can find some sort of noisy switch to flip and record. Actually you can use any noise that makes a clicking sound and use it. That's what the foley artists do for feature films. Find gadgets, produce, materials etc to use in making noises for films.

FlashKit.com & FreeSound.org are both useful resources.

But seriously, yah... sometimes a lot easier to just do it yourself.

You could spend twenty minutes checking out the various noise options (on dodgey internal search-engines), when you could have recorded just what you need (and imported it) within three.

Not recommended to record your own semi-automatic gunfire in an urban area... but "clicky" things (and a bunch of others) are simple enough, if you have a recording device of some kind.

Awesome!

For some reason I forgot recording my own sound was an option. ahah.

I've been watchin Sony Vegas tutorials online all day, I can't wait to finish a video. Thanks for all your help guys!

You can also order countless DVDs with thousands of sound FX. There are so many, I don't know where to begin. Every now and then when you have a few bucks lying around, buy a new sound FX DVD.

And if you are clever with the internet, you can find tons!

Back