• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Shooting worthy music video on Sony HDR-hc5

hello. .

So i would like to shoot "worthy" music videos on my SOny HDr-HC5. Now i do have experience shooting music videos Moslty with a GL2 and a tripod. I know a few tricks of the trade to get a good shot. And editing is a whole nother beast i plan on conquering in FInal Cut as i go (used the bare basics of Adobe premier before).

Now when i say worthy what i mean is how do i capture the best quality footage and look with just the camera and its assecories.

My top concern is Lenses.

1) Wide Angel- i have only found one lens that is compatible with my cam. However i have seen pics of huge lenses attached to cameras similar to mine in other forums. How is this done? ANd what is the best set up between $300-$500 dollars.

2) Telephoto...Is this required to get more detail in a close up shot?

I think with good storyboarding, performance, composition, and the right add ons i can make a great video (used mainly for EPK purposes and web promo). Im self taught and disciplened. Your input and feedback is golden. Thanks in advance

2up

p.s you can view some of my video work on this camera on youtube. . . youtube search = MICSICC Norva Jan
Maybe yall can tell me how to get rid of the white spots floating in the air. lol

Can you post a link to a video with those white spots? With the rough time in?

seen pics of huge lenses attached to cameras similar to mine in other forums. How is this done?

Probably with 35mm adapters, which allow many different types of lenses to be used on cameras they are not normally available for.

I dunno for sure, 'cos I'm not looking at one of those pics you've seen. :)

I was wondering the same, I skipped through the vid but didn't see white spots. Perhaps you are talking about lens flares? I didn't see any, but maybe that's it.

My appologies fellas...the video is the one that doesnt have a title (dunno why i named it???) It will have lighting in the pic...the lights come on 14 sec into the video. The spots are hard to see cause of the youtube conversion. It almost looks like dust in the air cause by the house lights (kinda like sneezing in front of a t.v LOL) Can a telephoto lens see thru this?

will those 35mm adapters work for wide angel lenses???

Any recomondations on a lens between $300-$500?

Back