• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

A cropping problem????

I'm having trouble with the size (width) of the video in FCP... I don't know how it got like this but I'm trying to get it back to 16:9 (the top right of the screenshot).

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

I'm trying to get the first screenshot like the second...

Do you mean right-click>settings??? If so, I do not see the option for NTSC HDV. I do see several options, however. Also, should I be looking under 'frame size' or 'pixel aspect ratio'?

Sorry, yes settings (I was going from memory)... lower left corner of the window "Load Sequence Presets..." and choose the appropriate HDV preset from the list (720p24 if you've got a 720p camera at 24fps).

I see what you're saying, but it is still not working. F*cking driving me crazy. It still does not look like the other example. it still has black and the picture moves to the bottom right a lot. I've never had this happen before and I don't know how it went into this format.

When I view the sequence presets under settings of the screenshot I like, "DV NTSC 48 KHZ" is selected???

PS - K. Warner is driving me up the wall too.

hmmm, that's weird. Can you send me the FCP files labelled 1 and 2 so I can tell which is which per the images above (just the file, don't need to have the footage). I'll PM you my e-mail address.

You can also select all your clips in a timeline in circumstances like this and copy/paste them into a new sequence (assuming the problems were with the sequence settings).

Back