• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Final Cut Pro Question

I have a question about Final Cut Pro. If I have picture in picture with three screens, how can i merge and fade all three screens into one? i am new to final cut, and have no idea how to do this. Thanks!!

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to describe but it sounds like it could most easily be accomplished with the motion program which comes with final cut studio. If you don't have the full studio package I would suggest experimenting with keyframing and origin changing within your final cut pro controls.

like morphing?? do you want to be able to see both pictures at the same time?? im still not quite sure what you want but it sounds like what swanpond said.... have you tried keyframing the opacity yet?? do you know how to do that??

i figured out how to move the frames together into one, and now i need to know how to add a cross dissolve at the end(i think).
The idea is that there are three different scenes, lets say, one person is on their way to a cafe, and is walking down a street. There is another person going to the same cafe, walking down a different street. And the last person is going to the cafe, but down a different street. All these different scenes are picture in picture, and they are all on the screen. I want them to move into each other in the centre of the screen, and i want them to fade into each other to make one cafe.
Is this possible?
Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Back