Buying equipment soon! (i hope!) HELP

ok, i think im very close to buying some equipment finally! and i am, for the most part, pretty sure of what i want to buy. I was thinking of buying a canon hv30, sony vegas platinum pro pack, and possibly a sennheiser me66 mic? Thats where im not 100% sure. I heard it works great anywhere, and also heard bout the audio-techinica AT8035, which apparently is great indoors too. Any reviews on these, or other sugg? indoors mostly. Im leaning towards the me66 right now mainly because it seems like a great brand. I just need the capsule and powering module, right?(besides acc.) I was also planning on making my own boom pole, (Any sugg. on where to find instructions on that would also be appreciated.) I was going to get a xlr ti mini adaptor cable to plug it into my camcorder. That is my initial plan. I was going to get the camera and software first and practice using them. What do you think? Feedback appreciated!!!

Sounds like you're about all set. I haven't had any experience with the mic or camera you listed, but they should get the job done. The HV30 will shoot you plenty beautiful HD, just make sure you have plenty of lighting so the camera doesn't pick up noise.

Back