Hello there

Hi, my name is Dan and I'm currently living in Portsmouth, UK. I came across this site kind of by accident but it's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. I'm not completely new to filmmaking, but I feel I still have a lot to learn so any advice etc will be great.

So to tell you all a little about myself, I'm a graduate of Portsmouth University with a degree in Film Studies and Entertainment Technology, which is what has given me background knowledge to make films. I've made a couple of short films, one of which won an award for Best Lo-Tech Film in a 48hour film competition. I don't know how many people have attempted one of those competitions but I recommend finding out about any near you because the challenge of writing, filming and editing a 2 minute long film in 48 hours is well worth a go. I learned a hell of a lot through that experience, but the sleep deprivation isn't much fun!

Anyways, I look forward to picking everyone's brains with any issues I have and hopefully I'll be able to give some advice too. Cheers :)

Back