Finding actresses who will go nude in a conservative town...

I live in a very conservative town and I want to shoot a short which will require 3 women to go nude (waist up) for a few seconds at a time, nothing extreme. I'm not too far from Palm Beach or Orlando but I need 3 attractive women in their late thirties/early forties. I doubt I'll be able to find anyone where I live. The only place I can think of is looking for nude models for art at the museum?

Any ideas on where to look??? I'm really stumped on this one...

smiley_phoneright.gif
Hi Mom! Can you swing by after church on Sunday?

smiley_phoneleft.gif
Sure, sweetie. I'll even bring some cookies.

smiley_phoneright.gif
Sounds great! Oh... bring a friend.

I got nuthin' :mope:

My last disasterpiece involved a Craigslist ad, and two crisp hundred dollar bills. Kinda sketchy hiring a
hooker
model for a shower scene like that, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Last edited:
smiley_phoneright.gif

smiley_phoneleft.gif

smiley_phoneright.gif

My last disasterpiece involved a Craigslist ad, and two crisp hundred dollar bills. Kinda sketchy hiring a
hooker

This thought has actually crossed my mind for many of my ideas. Thanks for the input Zensteve...

Dude, you live in FLORIDA !!! I'd expect the fruit hangs low and lush ...
Models and Actresses who get lost on the way to California end up in Florida! :cool:

Seriously though ... check out two useful modeling sites:

onemodelplace.com
and
model brigade

search by state ...

Now, be warned, YOU still must offer these beautiful models something of actual value to THEM, even those willing to work for resume reel or production experience!

Big talkers and psycho stalkers need not apply, most have no time for losers wasting THEIR time!

Equally, YOU be aware how easily one "model" who's untrustworthy or doesn't really care to work when she'd rather play ... can destroy the plans of a dedicated film crew by simply not. showing. up.

Models who are less suspicious, may be less trustworthy, imo.
A promise earned is more likely a promise kept! :yes:

But yeah, what to the filmmaker is a girl working nude, is sometimes to the girl just another day sunning topless at the beach.

Thanks for the links, SoulCinema.

Hope the links help. Let us know how it works out (yeah, they'll let you write letters from prison, right? ;) )

Your biggest issue may be your age requirements, probably.

Mid-20's would be easier to find than 40-ish.

40-ish ... There's a joke in there somewhere about finding someone who has her SAG card ... but without a drummer for the rimshot, why go there?

That poor damned bastard ... didn't anyone ever warn him he was shaped like a ball ... ?!

smiley_tish.gif

He was doomed the moment he lifted his arms and shifted his center of gravity! THUD!

smiley_phoneright.gif

smiley_phoneleft.gif

smiley_phoneright.gif

hooker

:lol:

Hire a stripper. Be aware, strippers can be extremely flaky. Get one for backup.

It's always nice to find an actress or two for your 'go-to boobs.' We have a few...and we are lucky enough to have some very nice samples.

You could also try goth clubs...

Craigs List

Don't ever expect to find a talented actress willing to take it off. That's extremely difficult. If you can find both, you are golden. But we tend to write our female leads with only suggested nudity in mind...if you want the real deal, get some 'go-to boobs' or hire a stripper.

Good luck.

Don't ever expect to find a talented actress willing to take it off. That's extremely difficult.
Nudity for a movie is very different than nudity for pay. Many talented
actors are willing to to do nude scenes but very few strippers can act.
No need for me to list Oscar winners who have gone topless in movies
- we all know who they are.

Talented actors are often open to doing a nude scene when the story
calls for it, the character is well written and challenging and the filmmaker
is respectful.

If all you need is "go-to-boobs" I guess a stripper is an option. And they
get very unflaky when money is changing hands.

Nudity for a movie is very different than nudity for pay. Many talented
actors are willing to to do nude scenes but very few strippers can act.
No need for me to list Oscar winners who have gone topless in movies
- we all know who they are.

Talented actors are often open to doing a nude scene when the story
calls for it, the character is well written and challenging and the filmmaker
is respectful.

If all you need is "go-to-boobs" I guess a stripper is an option. And they
get very unflaky when money is changing hands.

Yes, but this is an INDIE forum. Indie films don't pay--for the most part. So that's a moot point actually. I wouldn't say talented actors are 'often open to doing nude scenes' ever...whether the story is great and the production is fabulous...most actors aren't willing to bare all. They may do implied nudity...but most won't actually show anything.

Paying someone 100K to do a topless scene isn't really something we 'INDIE' films do.

And strippers are always flaky...we pay, and 95% of the time they flake out...that's why we don't use them unless we HAVE to. :)

Last edited:
Find a nudest colony. There's got to be some in Florida. Make a phone call and say that you have a legitimate and in good taste short film that you need top up nudity. You should be able to get what you're looking for there. Maybe even try to put an ad in a local nudist newsletter.

I think that the big thing is to have it legitimate and tasteful.

Another possibility that I haven't tried, but have thought about is the matchmaking sites (especially the adult ones). Search by your area, and by nudist or naturist, and send them an email that says first of all, I'm sorry to bother you this way, but I'm a filmmaker and need...and end it with, I'm sorry that I bothered you with this, but I do hope that you can help me with my film. If you get a lot of hits, you could also search for actor or actress as well as nudist or naturist.

Good luck!

Find a nudest colony. There's got to be some in Florida. Make a phone call and say that you have a legitimate and in good taste short film that you need top up nudity. You should be able to get what you're looking for there. Maybe even try to put an ad in a local nudist newsletter.

I think that the big thing is to have it legitimate and tasteful.

Another possibility that I haven't tried, but have thought about is the matchmaking sites (especially the adult ones). Search by your area, and by nudist or naturist, and send them an email that says first of all, I'm sorry to bother you this way, but I'm a filmmaker and need...and end it with, I'm sorry that I bothered you with this, but I do hope that you can help me with my film. If you get a lot of hits, you could also search for actor or actress as well as nudist or naturist.

Good luck!

On the flip side, being the Devil's advocate...

Treating it like you're sorry, and being apologetic may lessen your credibility--it may come across as desperate. And no body wants to make a nude appearance in film that lacks confidence. Instead, treating it with professionalism, confidence, and tact may yield better results.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Back