Screenplay Competition

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Indietalk, but I wanted to take this opportunity to say hello and to tell you about this screenplay competition that my company is having. If you know of any writers who would be interested, please send this along!

All the info is below!

Rock Creek Productions, Inc. a company based out of Northern VA, is holding an open call competition for short screenplay submissions.

Rock Creek will choose one screenplay and will produce, shoot, and post the short film in 2009. This is an exciting opportunity for writers who are looking for a chance to make their script a reality! The writer will retain writer’s credit and may have limited input into the creative process. The selected screenplay will be optioned for a period of two years.

The open call will end on February 20th 2009.

Screenplay qualifications:

Must be 8-20 pages long
Must have little to no special effects
Must be a character driven narrative
Must be in proper screenplay format

Please send an electronic version, in .pdf format, of your screenplay to Rachell@rock-creek.com no later then February 20th 2009.

Please include with your screenplay:

resume (regardless of whether it is film/production related or not)
phone number
email address
mailing address

Please make sure you include all necessary information and abide by the qualifications.

* All screenplays will be considered confidential. All of the un-chosen screenplays we receive will be deleted and/or shredded to protect the rights of the writer.

** If the chosen writer is out of state, all meetings will be conducted over the phone (or the winner will be responsible for their own travel and accommodations to meet in person).

NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE

Please feel free to repost this on other message boards.

Rachell Shapiro
Producer.Writer
Rock Creek Productions, Inc.
www.rock-creek.com

Back