DIY Must Watch TV

Part of the DIY Mindset and workflow is having alot of random knowledge crammed into a team's toolbox. For those of us who like to build our own stuff, manufacturing information is tantamount. Not just how to manufacture, but what kinds of bits to put together to make a useful whole. There are a bunch of great TV shows that share these pieces of knowledge that you can then store in your toolbox

On the discoverry channel:
How it's made
Deconstructed
Mythbuster
Prototype this
Time Warp

Seeing how things get put together to make stuff adds invaluable possible solutions to any problems you may encounter in either preproduction or on set on the day!

Watch, learn, enjoy!

And while it's no longer on, but can still be caught in reruns,

BIG (also formerly a discovery or maybe TLC show) is good, as is junkyard wars. ;)

Then of course, as far as set building/design goes.. a good dose of about 70% of the shows on the DIY channel are good, as are a large number on HGTV.

On the discoverry channel:
How it's made
Deconstructed
Mythbuster
Prototype this
Time Warp

Watch, learn, enjoy!

I love all of these shows. Unfortuately, the only time I get to view any of them is on Sundays before my wife (Lifetime) and kids (Disney) wake up! I'm in the wrong business.Mythbusters- they get paid to blow stuff up. Time warp- get paid to play with a high speed camera.

Back