Hello, Hello!

Greetings!

I found the site today by accident while doing a little research online, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. There is a wealth of information here as well as excellent conversation, and I am proud to be a part of this community.

I'm an independent filmmaker from Detroit, Michigan, where I've been making films since 2004. I'm part of an artist group that fought with local legislature trying to convince them that Detroit (and Michigan in general) was more than a car town - we are SO much more than "The Motor City"! Luckily, with the looming fall of the Big 3 auto industry, they've been willing to 'see the light' that film making offers and I've been very excited by all of the changes that have been happening around town.

I just wrapped three films back to back, one of which was "Raised Alone", the first film approved under the new Michigan Film Incentives.

I wear quite a few hats on a film set, but mainly in order to further my understanding and experience (although hey, I've gotta pay rent and it beats laying sod hands down!) - I've been extremely influenced by the book Siddartha and Mark Twain's notion that "War talk by men who have been in a war is always interesting; whereas moon talk by a poet who has not been in the moon is likely to be dull." And so as a storyteller, I've done some considerable wandering and had many adventures in my road of life.

-fin

Back