• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The City

Hey guys! Just wanted to post an experimental short film I shot with a few mates back in August, to see what you think of it. Nothing fancy, just our interpretation of Constantine Cavafy's poem: "The City". All you need to know is that the phrases that appear on certain part of the project say: Same houses, same streets, same neighborhoods. They're in Spanish, so that's why I'm clarifying that. But well, hope you like it:

- The City

:)

I liked the ending part with the jackhammer/brain footage... some of the shots are interesting in there, but some stuff, like the 50 or so shots of feet lingered a bit... you could probably cut this down to 2-3 mins of just the best visuals to tighten it up... also, the text doesn't look "experimental" as much as "hey, look at all theses fonts and text effects!"

Interesting piece though. Good job!

I guess the idea behind the repetitive feet shots and stuff, was to get you thinking: "Man, I get it... Move on already", and yet it doesn't. It keeps showing you feet walking everywhere. Which is kinda what we felt about the City... It doesn't matter what you want, the suffocating feeling of people everywhere around you is not going to go away.

But as to the text, I couldn't agree more. Let's say we chose that font and those colors because it was pretty Parabolic People-like, which is an experimental work our professor really, really digs. So we were granting her approval but putting that hehe

Thanks for the feedback, Spatula! ;)

Back