Shout out to my homies.

My homies being you guys, fellow filmmakers. WHAT UP?

Hi. My name's Mac Vogt. I am a sophomore Cinema & Digital Arts student at Point Park University. I was born in Canada, raised in New Hampshire, and now I live and work in Pittsburgh.

Everybody needs a passion. I believe having a life purpose is essential to happiness. In highschool I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I was absolutely directionless and absolutely miserable. I really disliked school. I had tried to get into several potential careers: architecture, writing, game design, art. Nothing was working for me.

So I didn't go to college. While everybody was applying, I decided early to take a year off and figure shit out. I looked at my life and I realized I was smart enough that I could probably set out to do anything I wanted and do it decent, so why not do something amazingly cool? The only class I really liked in high school was my film class. Off to film school I went, the following year.

Film is my passion. It has so far been the most rewarding craft I have ever devoted time to. Film is the first and only thing where I have felt, "Damn, my life was meant for this." If you can find that feeling, it is one of the greatest pleasures in life and I know there are plenty of you out there that know what I'm talking about.

www.youtube.com/macvogt -- see my films.

Last edited:
Back