View Full Version : New Member Shooting for First Time in Europe

tallmanviking
11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Howdi Good Folks of Indietalk.com,

I am cinematographer shooting a low budget film soon in Lisbon, Portugal. Having never shot in Europe before, I've some questions about equipment.

Here is a quick sampling of my lighting/grip request using American units---does any of you good folks of film/video know how these individual equipment line-items would convert to the European standard, i.e. what should I request to a European rental house that would be equivalent to:

1---2500 Watt HMI Fresnel w/barn doors, stand and scrims
2---20 Amp Dimmers
1---Panther Dolly
2---2000 Watt Tungsten Fresnel w/barn doors, stand and scrims
2---2-bank 4-footer Kino Flo with tungsten and daylight bulbs
1----Chimera Kits for 1000 Watt Light
1---Location Rolling Cart of Lighting Equipment
1---12'x12' Frame with Solid, Silk, Double Net, Single Net

Do any of you good brothers and sisters of production out there know what I should ask for in terms of the European equivalents of these above items.

Any help is most ESPECIALLY appreciated!!!

Strongest Peace and Gratitude, tallmanviking

yasar
11-25-2008, 03:07 PM
All will be same in Europe as well,, mentioned gear is available in Turkey , I sure Portugal has too..
Happy trails

Will Vincent
11-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Yep, everything should be the same in EU.. only difference would be the plug on the end of the cord. ;)

:welcome: and good luck!

directorik
11-25-2008, 03:40 PM
does any of you good folks of film/video know how these individual equipment line-items would convert to the European standard, i.e. what should I request to a European rental house

Essentially a Panther dolly is a Panther dolly - a Rolling Cart is a Rolling Cart - and even
a 2500 Watt HMI Fresnel is a 2500 Watt HMI Fresnel. If you send your list (as is) to any
rental house in Europe they will be able to meet your needs.