Hi out there...

..my Name is Matthias Olof Eich, i´m a indie-director from germany.

The last years i didn´t leave my backyard (germany) and now i think it´s time to
start posting in some international forums and learn from filmmakers all over the
World.... so i found indietalk.com. :pop:

OK.. what can i tell about me:
Well i never visited a filmschool or something similar. I´m a carpenter, and started my
career in the film business building Sets and Props for television and some theaters.
Then in the late 90´ i got the chance to be part of the European marketing for the
Star Wars Prequels Episode I.-III. I had one of the biggest 1:1 scale Star Wars Props
Exhibitions and wearable Costumes in Europe that time. That was a lot of fun.
When the hype was over i sold my hole Exhibition to a private Star Wars collector
and used the money to build up our film company. We started our business shooting
music-clips and commercials for some local company's and musicians. In this years i
wrote a lot of scripts and we always tried to get some producers to join us and allow
us to make a motion picture. But it failed always on the same reasons.
None of theme believed we could make a motion picture alone, making short movies,
videoclips and commercials are totally different from making a movie for the big screen.
Basically they were afraid losing there money on us. So we thought the only way to
show theme there wrong was to make and finish a movie alone. Sounds simple and
that's what we did.

www.break-themovie.com

wow..that was a lot...my fingers and brain hurts.. i hope my english is readable :D

Matt

Matthias Olof Eich

You english is read able no problem. Well great story...i mean you have really worked hard for your first feature film. And the experience really is shown in your movie....

Wish you best of Luck friend

Back