Any Indies Out There? STL and Surrounding Areas

Hey folks, just putting a line out there to see if there are any other active filmmakers in the St. Louis area? I'm aware of a few small time production companies/crews who are not very interested in networking. I'm a newbie myself but have been writing for years, I'll be starting filming soon on my first project. If anyone has any experience at all, with lighting or sound, directing, anything, it would be great to just get to know some new people interested in the same thing. Let me know! Thanks~

Hey folks, just putting a line out there to see if there are any other active filmmakers in the St. Louis area? I'm aware of a few small time production companies/crews who are not very interested in networking. I'm a newbie myself but have been writing for years, I'll be starting filming soon on my first project. If anyone has any experience at all, with lighting or sound, directing, anything, it would be great to just get to know some new people interested in the same thing. Let me know! Thanks~

Im here in STL :). I do a lot of cinematography. Shoot me a PM if you need any help.

Last edited:
It looks like this thread hasn't been active in a while but I figured I would jump in and say I'm also located in the St. Louis area as well, Florissant to be exact.

I'm liven this thread up a bit. I live 60 miles away from STL...in the Bonne Terre/Desloge/Farmington area. I just got my first camera, but if anyone has any projects or just wants to get to know me, pm please.

Well...I can talk to a friend of mine to see if he'd like me to introduce the two of you. I used to live in Missouri, same town my friend lives in. It's a little over 100 miles, so I don't know if that too far away for you or not.

Sorry I'm being vague, but I want to check with him before I say too much.

I'm in Belleville, Illinois (30 minutes east of St. Louis.) But I'm looking at an imminent move to Kansas City soon, but it's only a 5 hour drive here and a couple to Springfield from there. I've actually worked with some actors from Springfield, MO, who drove the 3 hours each way to work with me (make me feel like big stuff even though I'm only a film student.)

What kinds of film ideas does everyone have? I'm open to collaborating. I finally killed my HDV camera on my last project and am saving for a new one, but have 7 years experience and 3 very solid (and a number of...less solid) short films under my belt. Not sure what you guys think of my demo reel: https://vimeo.com/58262928 but if anyone's interested in collaborating or talking St. Louis (or Missouri anywhere film) and swapping what we've been doing or ideas on new projects I'm game.

Back