Hiya :-)

Hey everybody,

My name's Erick. I've been making independent horror movies for about three years now. I started out acting but pretty quickly transitioned to behind the scenes stuff and directing. I'm just now starting my own production company, and have stumbled upon this forum enough time from asking questions of Google that I figured it was time for me to join. Up until now I've had the good fortune of being spoiled - I had an executive producer that owned a full set of professional equipment (camera, boom, lights, scrims, gels, dolly, etc.). Now I'm on my own, and trying to figure out how to make, borrow, or buy the equipment I need on a budget smaller than most people's monthly car payment. But I expect this is the place to find inventive solutions to the technical challenges we all face as filmmakers, and I'm more than happy to share what I know and learn as I learn it.

Looking forward to talking to everyone,
Erick Adam
Scared-E-Cat Pictures

P.S. - If anyone's curious, you can take a look at a test short that we shot a week or so ago. It's on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MFMWHaPAl4. We weren't expecting to shoot anything that day, but happened to come upon the set and had a camera with us (but no lights, monitor, script, or boom mic). So forgive the sound - we had to use the camera mic and clean it up in post as best we could. We just opened the account, so just the one video is up on our channel, but I expect many more will be posted in the coming weeks and months. Cheers!

Back