Need some music?

Hi, everyone. My name is Brian Sadler and I'm a composer looking for some experience. I've written for a number of student and amateur films as well as a few Star Wars fan films and I'd like to do more! So check out my website for some samples of my music and get in touch if you are currently making a movie and need some music! I mainly specialize in action music but I can do just about anything.

http://www.briansadler.org

Thanks and I hope to hear from someone soon!

Brian

Hi brian,

You have an impressive portfolio of music. I'm planning on making my graduation film next year. It's a fantasy / drama film, based on a famous English morality tale (set in a 'no time'), and will either be shot in 16mm or HD with 35mm adapters. It's going to be roughly 15 mins long. I love music by clint mansell, Ludovico Einaudi and of course danny elfman. I was thinking of there being a subtle yet emotionally moving score perhaps only 2 songs. i have always involved music in my films, for me it plays such a huge part in telling the story. If this is something you would be interested in, i could keep you updated.

my email is: law.tom@gmail.com

cheers,

tom

Man, now that's what I call impressive.
I'm a little curious: how do you create your music? Do you have like a large symphony or something (sounds like it to me!)

Well I use what's called a sample library. A "sample" is a recording of an instrument playing something, usually just one note. They record every note the instrument can play and in a variety of styles: long, short, trilled, muted, etc. Then all of these recordings are put together and essentially each one is assigned to a key on a music keyboard so when you play that note, it sounds like the instrument is playing it. And they'll do this for each section of the orchestra. So i write the music and it plays it back using this software. Over the years this technology has come very far to where it almost sounds real!

Back