• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Business proposition to filmmakers

I'm driven and I NEED a great writer. I, too, am passionate about succeeding
and don't want to be small-time any longer.

I'm looking for an excellent high school comedy. "American Graffiti", "Fast Times"
good. A script that will attract the top young talent of today, something that will
make them want to sign on based on the excellent writing, hysterical scenes and
iconic characters.

I'm looking for then next big idea in horror. Something that will change the direction
of the genre the way "Night of the Living Dead" did in the late 60's - the way
"Halloween" and "Texas Chainsaw" did in the 1970's - the way "A Nightmare on Elm
Street" and "Friday the 13th" did in the 80's and the way "Saw" did more recently.

Directorik, I do not have anything complete that meets your criteria. Having said that, I believe the skill of a writer should supercede genres. I know you would expect nothing less than the best, and that is what I would present, and that is why I suggested a fresh new idea, to write what the fillmmaker wants to make. My execution as a writer is sharp, of course you don't know that, so, I would suggest that you read one of my scripts. It's copyrighted and a certain agent is looking at it now. It is a different category than what you cited, but it will give you an idea about my skill.

I'm looking for then next big idea in horror. Something that will change the direction
of the genre the way "Night of the Living Dead" did in the late 60's - the way
"Halloween" and "Texas Chainsaw" did in the 1970's - the way "A Nightmare on Elm
Street" and "Friday the 13th" did in the 80's and the way "Saw" did more recently.

I have a concept in mind that is different and that could bring something new to the big screen. You may have to be really bold to take it on.

lydeanphoenix, that is why my friends call me Streit-Krey-Z. Lay it on me brother. Also, give a budget bracket, 'cause writing is best from a directorial pov.

Last edited:
I believe the skill of a writer should supercede genres.

So do I.

But right now I am looking for specific scripts because I have distributors
looking for specific genres.

Which script of yours shows your writing at its best? What catagory
does it fall into?

Directorik....It's Action. A huge part of Horror is action, timing and suspense. Again, the reason I posted this ad is because writing what I want is not the point and it doesn't profit me nor the filmmaker. I don't know what distributors are looking for, otherwise I would've had that ready, filmmakers are likely to know better because they are directly linked with distributors.

I'm trying to establish what the market demands and respond to that. Just like a filmmaker, if they make a nice movie but it's not what the market is looking for, then it will sit on the shelf.
I'm not the kinda guy that wishes and hopes, I implement, I initiate. I hope less and act more. With this posting, I'm trying to initiate that process of supply and demand, instead of suppling what's not in demand.

SKZ.

Directorik...
The title is "Stealing Twice"
It is in the Action genre.
It's Jet Li's "War" meets Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill". Perfect for the big screen with the right cast.

Last edited:
anthonyronnie...

Let's do this. I'm assuming that you're serious, 'cause I am. Let's set up something. When and how?

SKZ

Can somebody really, really serious respond. Not someone who is contemplating the "idea" of being serious.

Thank you
SKZ

SKZ,

I am really, really serious. I'm not contemplating the "idea" of
being serious, I'm actively looking for an excellent script.
Unfortunately I'm currently developing a project from an excellent
action script by writer Daniel Benton so your "War" meets "Kill
Bill" script isn't what I can use.

But it doesn't mean I'm not really, really serious. I'm sorry you
think I'm just fooling around. I apologize for taking up your
time and highjacking your thread.

-rik

Back