Insurance

Can you make any recommendations as to a good insurance company for a ultra low budget ($200,000) action/thriller (Minor stunts, no major explosions), and signed with SAGs Ultra Low Budget Agreement.

Do you happen to know if you can get insurance for a short 3 minute film?

Or insurance for JUST the camera? We're shooting a short film on August 30th, and we're having the camera on a car mount... the camera is owned by the DP who's a personal friend of mine, and I really don't want to accidentally break this camera and owe him $5,000.

Yes you can get equipment insurance, I think it will be around $800 for two weeks, if I remember.

Somewhere around 10 days is the least, yes. If he has a $5,000 camera he possibly already has it insured with a yearly policy, did you check?

Yeah, he doesn't have insurance for it at the moment. That's something else I'm looking for, after this production something that he can take with him (or create a new policy for in his name) and pay for it himself.

I'm just looking for something to cover me for all the equipment Im going to have/rent on set for this one day shoot.

Back