• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Selling a horror short!!

Hey guys in the last two months I have been writing like a man possessed. I have written one particular short that I am very proud of but have opted to sell. I decided not to shoot due to scene location (Bush or Forrest as you Americans would say)

I live in the city so I have opted to shoot something I wrote that is situated in the city. Anyway here is the Short I'm selling.

Eyes Are Bleeding.

Follows 3 teenage boys as they experiment with ecstasy on their way to a party. They opt to take a short cut through the woods and events begin to unfold that will change the way they "see" the world.

Possitives for this script include:

Very realistic unforced dialogue.
$0 Shooting Budget needed.
Holds a strong level of intensity from the opening few seconds to the very end.

Characters - 4 young adult males.
1 girl under the age of twelve.

Length - 8 pages.

P.M me if your interested.

Cheers.

Dave.

meaneye I am more then interested to see the film. Please when you upload the short film do mention on indietalk.

waiting to see this short movie !

Unless you can find a horror short DVD compilation, you won't be able to sell your short--there's no money in shorts, that's why if you're interested in profiting in any way, a feature is the only way to go. And since the DVD market sucks now, you won't want to distribute it through a company, because they won't offer you much at all. It's best to self-distribute at the moment (unless Lionsgate buys it from you, then do it).

If say, your short relates to HP Lovecraft, you might be able to sell it to LURKER IN THE LOBBY...a DVD compilation of the Lovecraft fest in Seattle...but I don't think LURKER is being produced anymore (becuase as I mentioned above the DVD market sucks)...but you get my point.

If you're looking for money shoot a feature. If you're looking for festival showings...shoot a short.

As mentioned above, you can get a booth at a convention...but if you only have one short that's not going to be worth it.

I optioned 3 short stories, two of which I co-wrote screenplay adaptations, one of which was produced by an indie filmmaker and premiered at the Sedona International Film Festival and showed at a New York FF. I made money on the agreement and a Movie Magic Screenwriting program was included in the deal, so sometimes you actually can make money by writing shorts...though maybe not often. Always be encouraged not discouraged but be realistic at the same time...

Back