Need help with indie distribution and investors ?

A friend of mine has been kicking around the idea of a site helping indie filmmakers get distribution for a few years now. There's a lot of leg work and "who knows who" nonsense that most of us here are fully aware of at some point that is frustrating as hell when you're not doing a studio remake or such. After hearing me rant about investors, local actors, and equipment rentals lately, I've convinced her to incorporate those problems being addressed into the site as well. She is now in the process of launching the site that would help every indie filmmaker from pre-production down to selling their finished movie to a worldwide market (and presumably keep me from ranting to her LOL).<br style="display:none"/><br />
It only takes about 2 minutes of your time to answer a quick survey to cover issues I might not have brought up to her. Do her, me, and yourself a favor and fill it out. As an indie filmmaker, it could make a huge difference.
http://www.eSurveysPro.com/Survey.aspx?id=039d96ce-52d0-4974-a49b-d381324e4085

Thanks.
CK

Can you be a bit more specific about how this site is going to work? ... because there are already great professional directories in existence... sorry to sound like a sceptic, but how is this site going to differ from well established listings sites like Mandy or directories like Hollywood Creative Directory?

I checked out the survey. Several questions where asking if I would use
a service called fill in the blank. No way to answer because I know
nothing about the services offered.

I, too, would be interested in know more about the service your friend
is going to offer before I fill out a survey. Any chance that you and your
friend could become active members here and help us help her with
the site launch?

Back