What should happen at our premiere?

We've just finished post production on our feature length film. We've reserved a 275-seat theater for an invite-only premiere.

My question: What needs to happen at the premiere other than the actual screening of the movie? What is expected before the films starts? When it's over?

Everyone involved worked so hard and dedicated so much time (for free) and we want to thank them by giving them a premiere that follows the typical premiere protocol and sequence of events.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

-Paul

I think it would be appropriate to make a short speech prior to the screening, thanking everyone who was influential in the production, etc.. Afterward, either a Q&A session, or a party, or both.. that's been the experience at every premiere I've attended locally.

If you want to really go all out, you should contact some of the local press and try to get them to come out and cover the event, and you could even do a little red carpet area for your actors and such. :)

If you are going for a "typical" premiere then you shouldn't do the "high school"
show route with someone speaking before the movie thanking everyone. Invite
press, have a few people with cameras out front, rent search lights.

Most "typical" premieres just show the movie and have a big party somewhere
else.

But that's not as fun.

No reason at all why you can't do the premiere exactly as you want. It's YOUR
big day, after all. Have someone get up in front of the theater and thank everyone,
by name if you want. Bring them up one by one for cheers and bows, if you like. Do
a Q&A session after the screening. There is no right and wrong when it comes to
a premiere.

Back